08 February 2009

February Trippin'

Post will come later..

The post:
If you think working 500km away from home will spare you from attending a wedding in Dungun think again! Dungun is the new KL! At least in my case here.

Attending weddings are always the no. 1 practice in my family. Eventhough I couldn't be bothered sometimes but lately I just feel the needs to associate myself more in family related activities(yes that includes attending wedding invitations). I glad I did. I flew back on Thursday after werk. Was picked up by my parents to home, from home I went out with a very good friend for late supper. The following day(Friday), off, I went to Dungun-Kuantan to attend the wedding and visited my Sister&Co.

All these while I am always proud being a Kelantanese as I felt that we have strong oneness feelings towards every Kelantanese we come across. I ain't gona elabor8 about my proudness being Kelantanese but how sad I felt when I was there last weekend. Compared to other towns along the coastal road that I took to Kuantan, I found smaller cities are more developed and cleaner. I fell in love with Kerteh. With the location and other potentials of the city I'm not surprise if Kerteh become bigger than Kota Bharu and Kuala Terengganu combined together.

Then it struck my mind that there is nothing special being a Kelantanese if we don't change our attitude, not willing to change and being proud for nothing. Previously I had a seriously thought of migrating back to KB but after my last visit, I put my thought on hold until I can do something about it. The typically asked question is always "Why Kelantanese doesn't like to mingle with other?", my answer is always, "Because of the language". Now I know that will be a lame answer for the typical question and I think the reason why Kelantanese doesn't really mingle with others is because of the overly-obsessed with their Kelantanility(doesn't apply to all). I would like to quote a verse from the al-Quran which reminds us that human are all same regardless their skin color, position, wealth, etc.(will provide the verse tomorrow - 10/02/09).

I suppose this is the best time to change the perception people towards me and other dynamic Kelantanese who are not overly-proud being a Kelantanese. We are only Kelantanese, human being like others...

6 comments:

  1. FroSI like your statement "there is nothing special being a Kelantanese if we don't change our attitude, not willing to change and being proud for nothing." Truthfully, I have never been proud of being kelantanese in that sense. In fact I have never been proud to think that Kelantanese is superior. That "oneness" kind of concept that most Kelantanese have is actually not that applicable anymore. When I was in college, most kelantanese friends dished me out just because I was close to non-kelantanese friends and my roommates weren't non-kelantanese. But that's okay with me because I still survived without them. I just could not understand why most kelantanese like to and must be in a group (of course with all kelantanese!). And if someone else is different from them, they would call that person "kelantan murtad". This is the kind of kelantan people I know of. And I never want myself to be one of those people.

    By the way, good article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PROMOSI MUSLIM TOUR
    “Maghi Pakat Gi Jale”
    Tel: 609-747 9999

    TIANJIN-BEIJING
    6DAYS 5NIGHT
    HARGA DARI RM340

    ReplyDelete
  3. dungun is the new KL???

    wow!!! thats huge man! hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  4. FRoS,
    I havent been to Dungun for a very long time so I will be sweetly surprised when the next time I get to see Dungun again. Will definitely visit Dungun after my daughter and family is relocated in Kerteh from Labuan soon.
    What I hate most about our Kelantanese folk is their habit of throwing rubbish into the drains. Take a peek at the drains around Pasar Siti Khadijah and you will puke up immediately at the sight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes. i agree. i duno whose fault is it but i dun think its fair to blame mpkb-bri totally. the people also play their part in this. i just think tat we really need to educate the people on the cleanliness.

    ntah la pak zawi. but i did come back to kb for good insya'allah. if u have time, please and come visit my kafe in jalan gajah mati. frienger solutions, its kafe cum internet station.

    ReplyDelete
  6. its fair = its nt fair. hue hue hue

    ReplyDelete